Log files show a running list of every time the site is accessed with information like the operating system, device type, and
browser accessing it, files loaded, and how they got there (what search engine, etc.) They can be useful if you’re interested
in drawing statistics on who your customers or visitors are, and for investigating certain types of problems with the site.
However, if not properly managed, excessive log files can cause resource usage overages.
You will need to log into your DNN4Less control panel by doing the following:
- Open up a web browser and navigate to the following URL: https://control.DNN4Less.com/cp
- Enter in your username and password that were sent to you when your hosting package was created and click “Sign
In” (the username will be the primary contact email address of the hosting package administrator).
- Once you have logged into your control panel, Under Statistics, click on Log Manager.
- Once you’re in the Log Manager, click on Log Rotation.
- In the Log Rotation, you can maintain logs at a certain size, or rotate them out on a time-basis (for example,
discard anything older than 1 month)
This should allow you to maintain your log files at a potentially useful level, rather than keeping them infinitely and using up your available hosting space.
Senior Engineer Jessie