The following article explains how to backup your MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2 database using Micsrosoft SQL Server Management Studio. The backup can then be used at a later date to restore the database if information is lost. The backup file needs to have a .bak file extension.
To backup your MS SQL Server database, please follow these steps:
- Open SQL Server Management Studio.
- Connect to your MS SQL Server database.
- Right-click your database, expand All Tasks and select Back Up.
- Under Backup type, select Full.
- Under Destination, click Add.
- Enter the path and file name for the backup file.
- Click OK.
- Review the settings for the backup.
- Click OK to begin the backup.
The instructions above will create a complete backup of your database. This is the recommended method to ensure that all data is backed up.
Senior Engineer Jessie